Silver swans adult ballet classes,
Thursday 7:30 -8:30pm
Friday 10:30 – 11:30am
How Silver Swans originated
• The RAD developed Silver Swans as a pilot project in response to a growing demand for ballet classes for older learners.
• Sessions are based upon research into dance practice for older participants from our Dance for Lifelong Wellbeing project.o This project identified psychological benefits of dance, such as perceived improvements in quality of life, as well as physiological advantages, such as improved balance.
Silver Swans Classes
• Silver Swans classes are specially targeted at older learners
• Classes are for both novice and experienced dancers
• Although targeted at those aged over 55, there is no upper or lower age limit to be a Silver Swan
• Students at RAD HQ have ranged in age from 40s to 80s
• These classes will help improve mobility, posture, co-ordination and energy levels
• Most importantly, these classes are an opportunity to have fun and enjoy the sense of wellbeing that dance brings
• Silver Swans Licensees do not follow any particular syllabus; rather, the training gives them insight into how to adapt their teaching to a diverse class of adults, information on safe practice, and inspiration as to how to keep a group of ‘swans’ engaged over time.
• Silver Swans classes are delivered exclusively by Silver Swans Licensees who have trained to safely adapt ballet techniques for older adults.